Saturday 19 July 2014

Simplicity 2512 - Cynthia Rowley Skirt



I was in the middle of completing another project when I became frustrated at the zipper not behaving! So I thought I'd give Simplicity 2512 a go, as a quick and easy side-task.


 As such, I eliminated the pockets, waist band ties and bias finished edges. I added my own seam allowance to the yoke to achieve this. I used a dark crimson/magenta polyester shantung. I was going to use a magenta silk dupion but  didn't want to waste it if I didn't like it so I used the shantung as it has a similar texture. It is a wee bit poofy in the sense that it retains it shape if you move it... Which can be a little frustrating. But overall, I quite like it!! 


See photos below:


Thane really wanted some attention! What a sweet puss!!

 This is the yoke with my extra seam allowance.




Yay for gathers!!!





Again, with the needy puss!!

On le mannequin! 

FINISHED!!

Off-centre here! Boo :(







STYLE NOTES






Please feel free to comment and share!




No comments:

Post a Comment


Leave me a comment!

♥ Alyce x